Search This Blog

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Second Date Part Three

The food was delightful.
I crunched crispy bacon and licked the grease from my fingers. I had a Belgian waffle with rasberry jam and syrup. Jesus said, "There's something missing...wait." He sprayed whipped cream from his fingertip onto my waffle."
I know he was showing off, but I giggled, though I didn't want to encourage him too much. I guess if you're immortal and omnipotent everybody flatters you. I wanted to be different from all the other girls.
I licked raspberry jam from my thunb very slowly. Ooops.
I asked, "Jesus?"
He lit a cigarette, "Yeah, babe. Wait a sec'...We need some music."
Jesus clapped his hands together and Elvis Presley walked out of the woods carrying a microphone. He started singing as soon as he saw us and the sound carried beautifully and perfectly, "Wise men say...Only fools rush in..."
I felt my crotch warming up, "Jesus, what's your story anyway? I mean, aren't you supposed to be seated at the right hand of God and all?"
Jesus blew smoke rings.
Elvis sang, "As the river flows...Gently to the sea...darling so it goes..."
Jesus said, "Mary, it just didn't work out that way. I'm a very powerful figment of your imagination."
I spread cream cheese on my waffle. Gianno, the waiter brought me chocolate sauce.
"I don't understand."
"I am real because you believe in me. If you didn't I wouldn't even exist. You give me my breath and my sustenance. You nourish me by thinking about, with your prayers, with your-ahem-blood. And foreskins."
I just couldn't quite understand, "So the stuff in the bible? What about all that?"

No comments:

Post a Comment